The social security program has been providing financial support to beneficiaries for more than 80 years. Eligible beneficiaries include those who have retired from active service, the disabled as well as various levels of survivors such as dependents and widows. Currently, the average monthly disbursement stands at approximately $1,404 for a retired worker to about $2,771 monthly for a window with two dependents. If you fall in any of the categories, then it’s advisable to apply for these benefits as soon as possible. Let’s show how to My Social Security login.
My Social Security Sign Up
1. Once you have confirmed eligibility, you have various ways of applying for the benefits, including sending an online application. The online application is the easiest and fastest mode of application. To sign up, you first need to visit https://www.ssa.gov/ and choose the appropriate category. The categories include Retirement, Disability, Medicare, and Change of Address.
2. Once you click the appropriate category and provide the required details, a window will open, where you will be required to fill in personal information, such as Name, Social Security Number, and Gender, among others.
3. Ensure you provide information as it appears on your social security card. Also, make sure that all the information you fill in is accurate. Any discrepancies with what is on file may lead to a disqualification.
4. After you have provided the initial details, the system will allocate you an application number. Ensure you note down this number, since you will require it later in the process. You will also require it when tracking the status of your online application.
5. If you don’t complete the application process during one session, you can always resume any time as long as you have your application number.
6. Make sure you have all the information you will need during the application process with you. Ensure you have recent employment information, military service details, self-employment information and all the other vital details. Apart from your details, the form will also request you to provide the birth date, social security number and
other necessary information related to your spouse. The system will also ask you when you want the benefits to commence. The longer you wait before starting receiving the benefits, the higher the amount.
7. Submit your application. You can sign your form electronically and then submit it online or download and mail it. If you submit it online, you will have to attach additional documents such as proof of U.S citizenship, proof of birth, a social security card, as well as recent copies of self-employment and W-2 forms.
My Social Security Login
Once your application has gone through, you will receive a username and password, which you can use to access
your account any time. To My Social Security login, just provide your username and password, and then click next. If the details are correct, you will immediately have access to your account.
Forgotten My Social Security Login Password
If you forget your My Social Security login account password, don’t panic. You can always recover your account at any time. You just need to click the section labeled “Forgot Password” and then follow the instructions. Provide your username, your social security number, date of birth and the email used to create that account. Your new password will be sent to your email address.
If you send the application online, make sure you retain a copy of the files you have sent by printing them out or
saving them via electronic means. If the Social Security Administration has further clarifications to make, a representative will call you using the phone number you have provided. You can also reach them at 1-800-772-1213 if you have any questions.